I did Awesome Con in Washington again this year. I didn’t get as many shots this year as in years past but I got a few that I’ll put on my Facebook page. As always, my rules for cons are as follows:
1. Wear comfortable shoes, as you will be doing a lot of walking.
2. If you’re going more than one day go ahead and get the weekend pass. It’s often cheaper than buying two one day tickets.
3. Gef your con tickets ASAP, then think about photo ops and signing ticket fees. That stuff can add up real fast and paying for it all at once will crush your wallet.
4. Budget for a few purchases on site. You’re gonna want to buy something there and you should, to make it worth the vendors trouble to come there.
5. If you’re going multiple days then use your first day for recon. Figure out where everything is so you don’t have to when you come back to buy stuff and meet people.
I hope to get to San Diego and New York someday, but for now the local cons have been good. Do hit a local one if you can. They’re less expensive to get to and you can do well there. Anyhow…..the highlight for me this year was getting a photo with Charlotte Flair and Shinsuke Nakamura. Here it is:
I also got a Batman book signed by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo:
And here are a couple of shots I took this weekend. I try to take new ones every year outside the characters you always see (Joker and Harley, Batman, Stormtroopers, Deadpool). This year there were more Wonder Women of course, but fewer Deadpools than usual. Here are a few I got:
Ninja Turtle Leonardo:
There are more on my Stroke of Genius Facebook Page. Enjoy!